Faculty and staff are encouraged to submit proposals for grants to fund diversity initiatives and research projects that further the university’s academic mission. Awards of up to $3,000 will be announced in November. The deadline for proposals is 5 p.m. Friday, Oct. 4.
Proposals may be made for projects that accomplish one or more of the following goals:
- Enhance the quality of teaching and learning about diversity.
- Enrich the diversity experiences of all students.
- Create a welcoming and inclusive work and learning environment that respects and values differences and offers an opportunity for and supports the success of all students, staff and faculty.
- Improve recruitment, retention and graduation of students from historically underrepresented groups.
- Increase recruitment, retention and success of faculty from historically underrepresented groups.
The mini-grants are administered by the Office of the Vice Provost for Institutional Equity and Diversity. More information is available online.