Let’s Get Fit With Fittle
Sometimes, all you need is a little boost from friends and colleagues to start that new workout or exercise regimen.
NC State is participating in a new pilot wellness program called Fittle, a smartphone app that coaches users to try healthier habits so they can eat better, sleep better, be more active and reduce stress.
The program launches March 24, but you can go ahead and sign up now. You can also get friends and coworkers to join a group that will monitor progress through the rest of the spring semester. Participants can choose from multiple wellness challenges. Each day, they will be guided toward better choices that can lead to lasting habits.
Here’s how it works:
- Visit fittle.org/unc to learn more and discover which challenge best suits your goals. Share the link with potential team members.
- Download the free Fittle app from the Apple App Store or Google Play and view the tutorial in the app.
- Create an account with a user name and password (the user name you select will be your “screen name” when you interact with your teammates).
- Enter Group ID 28223.
- Complete your profile and select a challenge.
- Join an existing team or create your own team and invite your family, friends and/or coworkers to join it (teams are usually 7–9 people). The pilot isn’t restricted to employees and students.
- Take the pre-pilot survey.
Once you select a challenge and pick or start a team, you’ll report your activities, receive personalized coaching from the app’s “FittleBot” and track progress. This social approach lets you give and receive encouragement as you work toward your wellness goals.
If you have any questions about Fittle, email email@example.com. You also can use the Feedback link within the app to report problems and provide suggestions/feedback any time.