PNC Bank Named Official Bank of NC State
For Immediate Release
PNC Bank, N.A. and North Carolina State University announced today that PNC will become the official bank of NC State University.
Expanding its longstanding relationship with NC State, PNC will provide on-campus banking, as well as offer free financial literacy and education programs to more than 42,000 students, faculty and staff. The agreement will provide approximately $9 million to NC State over the 15-year contract term.
“We are pleased to enter into this agreement and appreciate PNC’s long-term support of NC State,” said Chancellor Randy Woodson. “This sponsorship provides convenience and financial management educational opportunities to students, faculty and staff, as well as resources to help achieve our university’s educational, research and outreach mission.”
Highlights of the agreement include:
- PNC financial wellness programming offering on-campus workshops on personal financial management and financial literacy. Topics include basic banking, credit management, savings and investing and identity protection. Students also will find information about money management on a co-branded website.
- Up to nine ATMs throughout the university’s campuses. Two ATMs will be DepositEasySM, which allow students, faculty and staff to withdraw cash, including $1 bills, cash checks and deposit checks or cash directly into their accounts.
- An electronic financial services office located in the Talley Student Union (scheduled to open in 2018). PNC employees will staff the office to help customers with transactions.
- PNC’s Virtual Wallet Student® available for university students. Virtual Wallet is a suite of three accounts working together along with features that help students monitor spending, view account balances and safeguard against financial mistakes. Faculty and staff will also have the opportunity to choose from a suite of checking account products, including some that allow customers to avoid monthly service charges if they meet certain requirements.
- A co-branded NC State University debit card available in 2018 to all students, staff, alumni and PNC account holders throughout PNC’s 2,635-branch network.
- A student identification card with the capacity to link to PNC accounts and allow the student to access cash at all PNC ATMs.
“Together, NC State and PNC believe in helping students succeed in the workforce of tomorrow,” said Jim Hansen, PNC regional president for Eastern Carolinas. “Financial literacy is critical to their success. Our relationship will help students and individuals make educated, responsible financial decisions that will serve them all of their lives.”
In a related agreement reached with Wolfpack Sports Properties, PNC will be the official bank of NC State Athletics, providing consistent branding through Wolfpack Athletics. Each year, PNC will sponsor NC State’s Football Military Appreciation Day events, including Saturday’s game against Syracuse. During the academic year, the PNC Achievers recognition program will honor Wolfpack student athletes for academic achievement and community leadership. PNC has relationships with nearly 400 schools across 19 states and the District of Columbia.
Learfield, multi-media rights holder for NC State Athletics, worked with PNC and the university through its Campus+ division to develop the new, comprehensive agreement that includes both the university and athletic program. “We’re excited about the increased level of engagement this new and expanded relationship brings,” said Kyle Winchester, general manager for Learfield’s Wolfpack Sports Properties team in Raleigh.
NC State University, the largest university in North Carolina, is a pre-eminent research enterprise with 10 colleges that excel in science, technology, engineering, mathematics, design, the humanities and social sciences, textiles and veterinary medicine. World-leading faculty guide the university’s 34,000 high-performing students through an experiential education that embraces research, internships and service. More than 130 years after its founding as a public land-grant institution, NC State continues to fulfill its original purpose: to create economic, societal and intellectual prosperity.
PNC Bank, National Association, is a member of The PNC Financial Services Group, Inc. (NYSE: PNC). PNC is one of the largest diversified financial services institutions in the United States, organized around its customers and communities for strong relationships and local delivery of retail and business banking including a full range of lending products; specialized services for corporations and government entities, including corporate banking, real estate finance and asset-based lending; wealth management and asset management. For information about PNC, visit www.pnc.com.
– 30 –