NC State Celebrates Earth Day With Week of Activities
North Carolina State University will celebrate Earth Week 2008 with a full week of events from Monday, April 21 through Friday, April 25. All events are open to the public.
The theme of this year’s Earth Week is “Energy. Environment. Everyone.” Students, staff and faculty have organized a week packed with activities designed to educate and engage the campus in carrying out the university’s commitment to environmental sustainability.
There will be a wide variety of events taking place throughout Earth Week, including:
- An electronics recycling drive on Centennial Campus
- Three movies including “Kilowatt Ours” and “Everything’s Cool” at the Campus Cinema and “End of Suburbia” on Harris Field
- Campus Bike Day on the Brickyard including the second annual “Poker Ride” as well as bike vendors, tune-ups and trail maps
- NC State Sustainability Day on the Brickyard featuring undergraduate- and graduate-level sustainability research
- Guided tours of the Yarborough Steam Plant, Centennial Campus’ Advanced Energy Motor Testing Lab and the NC Solar Center, including a complimentary green luncheon
- “Earth Feast” hosted by University Dining, featuring sustainable food options
- Art events including a Brickyard progressive art mural by students from Fred Olds Elementary School and a recycled art exhibition in Talley Student Center
- “Smells Like Green Spirit,” a free music event in the North Talley Plaza featuring six Triangle-area bands
- The annual Earth Day Brickyard Celebration, featuring environmental information, demonstrations, food, giveaways, awards and games.
For specific event times and locations and a full calendar of activities visit, www.ncsu.edu/earthday.
– 30 –