Academic Science Forums Nov. 1-4
The task force reviewing the structure of academic science programs at NC State has scheduled four open forums across campus to gather input from faculty, staff and students.
The sessions Nov. 1-4 include a new forum on Centennial Campus.
- Tuesday, Nov. 1, 10–11:30 a.m., Monteith Research Center, Room 136 (Centennial Campus)
- Wednesday, Nov. 2, 3–4:30 p.m., Cox Hall, Room 206
- Thursday, Nov. 3, 3–4:30 p.m., Biltmore Hall, Room 2010
- Friday, Nov. 4, 3–4:30 p.m., Williams Hall, Room 2215
These events are designed as listening forums where members of the task force can hear from you on issues related to academic science at NC State. Specifically, we encourage you to reflect on the questions included in the campus survey to spark the discussion:
- What are the key positive and negative issues surrounding the academic science programs at NC State?
- If you could reorganize/improve the overall academic science program at NC State, what would you do? Are there other programs/universities you would look to as models?
- Is there anything else that you want to share with the task force?
You also may wish to give us your feedback about a framework the task force is working on to facilitate more faculty and student collaboration
across colleges. A schematic of the concept, currently called horizontal structures or academies, is available online.
Please contact Dr. Margery Overton, the task force chair, at firstname.lastname@example.org if you have any questions about the upcoming forums or the group’s overall work.