SBP August 30: Transportation Updates
Below is some information from that might interest students!
• Your pass to ride Triangle Transit and CAT buses for FREE!
• Stop by the Transportation Office (Admin 1 Building on Sullivan Dr) with your Student ID to pick up your free GoPass.
• Replacement passes will now cost $5.00 each, with a limit of 2 replacements per school year.
• “Red Terror” offers bus service to and from NC State’s home football games. Service begins 2 hours prior to kick off. Buses run a continuous loop between Carter Finley stadium and main campus every 30 minutes until 90 minutes after the game ends.
• New Red Terror route and stops this year
• Looking for a ride to the game? Use Zimride to find a carpool with other NC State students to home or away games. Also use Zimride to find carpools home for the weekend or to and from campus everyday.
Take a break from the dining hall and dorms this weekend. Hop on the Wolfprowl, NC State’s weekend bus service to downtown Raleigh, with connections to the R-Line. The prowl runs Thursday, Friday, and Saturday nights from 9pm to 3am.
Need an escape from campus? NC State has four Zipcars on campus available 24/7 for students age 18 and up to rent by the hour or day! Cars start at $8 an hour and gas and insurance are included. The best part? You’re parking spot is guaranteed – no permit necessary!
Bikes available for rent! $3 per day, $6/weekend, $18 per week, $99 per semester. All rentals come with a helmet, lock, and lights. Stop by the outdoor adventure desk in the Carmichael Rec Center or visit the website.
Student Carpool Permit
Planning to commute to campus this year or next? Want the best parking available?
Share the ride with another NC State student and apply for the “Student Carpool Permit.” You’ll split the cost of a normal permit and be eligible to park in any deck on campus! plus each participant will earn 4 daily scratch off permits to use on those occasional days when carpooling just won’t work.
Transportation on Facebook
Want to stay up to date on all things Transportation at NC State? Be the first to hear about changes in service, route detours, local bike/ped events and promos. Plus, offer your feedback and participate in Trivia Tuesday to win sweet prizes!