DELTA Grants Proposals Open for 2017-18
Are you a faculty member who has a great idea to engage your students, but lack assistance to get it done? Or are you seeking funding to develop or improve a course with the latest technologies or research-based best practices?
Many faculty have innovative ideas to increase student success but may lack the educational technology experience, access to multimedia or personnel resources or time to take action.
DELTA is seeking collaborative partners from diverse disciplines across campus for the 2017-2018 DELTA Grants cycle. Partners will work with staff to provide innovative solutions for educational challenges.
DELTA Grants is a competitive awards program for NC State faculty and staff. Award recipients whose projects are accepted for funding receive DELTA personnel support for the planning, design and development of online and distance education courses, blended learning, traditional courses, projects and faculty peer outreach assistance.
Grant recipients will promote student success by collaborating with DELTA to use technologies and pedagogical design in teaching and learning environments.
This year there are five distinct DELTA Grants to meet the needs of faculty, colleges and departments across the university.
- Blended Learning (BL) Grants: BL grants provide funding and DELTA staff assistance for the design and development of instructional materials and strategies for environments combining face-to-face and online learning best practices.
- Critical Path (CP) Course Redesign Grants: CP grants fund the redesign of large enrollment or critical path courses on the undergraduate level that are required by the major, college or university for graduation.
- Distance Education (DE) Grants: DE grants provide funding and DELTA staff assistance for the design and development of an online and distance education course or the creation of instructional materials for the expansion or substantial revision of an established course.
- Exploratory (EX) Grants: EX grants are focused on examining a single application or addressing a unique instructional challenge in an existing course.
- Faculty Fellows (FF) Grants: FF grants sponsor faculty to work with DELTA to share their experience teaching and learning with technology, allowing the campus community to benefit from their expertise.
Visit the DELTA Grants page to access the full 2017-2018 DELTA Grants Request for Proposals (going live March 27), see examples of DELTA Grants projects, register to attend a consultation workshop with DELTA staff, check important dates and submit a proposal.
Faculty or staff interested in submitting proposals are encouraged to attend one of our Group Consults and Informational sessions. Sign-ups will be available beginning March 21.
Proposal submissions for the 2017-18 DELTA Grants program are accepted from March 27-May 5.
All entries must be submitted by 5 p.m. May 5.
For questions, please email email@example.com.