Volunteer Now For Packapalooza ’15
Packapalooza 2015 is just around the corner and the organizers of NC State’s annual Hillsborough Street community festival are looking for more than 300 volunteers to make sure the event goes off without a hitch.
Last year, more than 55,000 people attended the event, which caps off Wolfpack Welcome Week.
If you’re interested in helping this year, the day-long celebration of all things Wolfpack is slated for Aug. 22 from 2 p.m. until 10 p.m. all along Hillsborough Street. You can sign up for a volunteer shift as a group or as an individual with this online registration form.
You can ask for a specific two-hour block to volunteer, though some flexibility will be necessary. The primary volunteer time slots will be from 6 a.m. to 1 p.m. and 7:00 p.m. to midnight, which leaves plenty of time to participate in and enjoy the day’s activities.
Here’s some basic volunteer info:
- You can sign up as an individual or for a group.
- Set up will begin at 6 a.m. and go until 1 p.m., the event is from 2 -10 p.m., with tear down starting at 7 p.m. for some parts of the street going until at least midnight after the event ends.
- Each person must be able to volunteer for a minimum two-hour time block.
- All volunteers must be at least 18 or be with a parent or legal guardian at all times if volunteering.
- Organizers will do their best to assign you to locations the day of the event. You will know your time frame ahead of time, but not the exact location or task. This will be done onsite as you check-in. The exceptions will be setup and tear down.
- Some of the tasks include, but are not limited to, working at an information post giving directions, moving tables and chairs, passing out information, selling T-shirts, serving as a runner between two locations, staffing check-in tents, etc.
- Organizers will contact volunteers with instructions and more information no later than Friday Aug. 14.
- Any submissions received after Aug. 1 may not be guaranteed for preferred T-shirt size.
- After registration, you will receive a confirmation email within 72 hours that has instructions to complete a 30-minute online crowd management certification that is required by the city of Raleigh. This will need to be completed by 11:59 p.m. on Tuesday Aug. 18 at the latest.
- There will be informational sessions the week of Aug. 17 sharing an overview of the event, including volunteer roles and responsibilities. You or your group representative will receive more details with your confirmation
The entertainment lineup for the event has also been set, so if you are wondering who might be on hand, here’s the schedule of bands at the events three stages.
MUSICAL LINEUP FOR 2015
HEADLINERS – The Wolfpack Hip Hop Time Machine with Rapsody and 9th Wonder, Petey Pablo, Nappy Roots, Terminator X and DJ DVS – (Closing show, approximately 8pm)
Stone Age Romeos – cover
Mo’Jazz – R&B/jazz
Carson Hill – country
The Sand Band – beach/cover
DH Hill Stage
Dr. Copter – progressive/rock
The Beast – alternative/fusion
Aaron Gallagher – country/folks
Drake Murphy – alternative
Dark Water Rising – americana/soul
The Island Time Band – beach/cover
JUZT KP – rap
Team Collective – rap
This information is subject to change and the final schedule will be released in early August.