Support and Guidance
Words can’t express how sad and difficult this is for our students and campus. The university is pouring every resource we have available into reaching our students in need and providing them support and guidance. Our staff and medical professionals are working around the clock to help steer students to the many resources currently available, and we’ve asked our new student mental health task force to develop additional short-term and long-term strategies to help our students.
If you are concerned about a student, colleague or friend, please review this information from NC State Prevention Services. You can also make an online referral for a student or employee you are concerned about.
The following are on- and off-campus resources to support you:
- The Counseling Center and Faculty and Staff Assistance Program offer a variety of support services for everyone.
- The National Suicide Prevention Lifeline is a hotline for individuals in crisis or for those looking to help someone else. To speak with someone, dial 988.
- Crisis Text Line is a texting service for emotional crisis support. To speak with a trained listener, text HOME to 741741. This free, confidential service is available 24/7.
- NC State Wellness and Recreation provides wellness programs and services for students, faculty and staff.
- The Academic Success Center provides free programs and services for students.