Fall in Line for a Flu Shot
If it’s fall, then flu season can’t be far away.
So throughout the months of October and November, HR-Benefits will be sponsoring appointment and walk-in flu shot clinics around campus for all employees. All State Health Plan members, dependents and pre-age 65 retirees are eligible for free flu vaccinations on campus. Employees who are not members of the State Health Plan can receive a flu vaccination for $30.
|Oct. 7||8 a.m.- 3 p.m.||College of Textiles Convocation Center|
|Oct. 11||8 a.m.- 4 p.m.||Talley Student Union, Room 4280|
|Oct. 18||8 a.m.- 2 p.m.||Administrative Services III, Room 124 A & B|
|Oct. 25||8 a.m.- 4 p.m.||College of Veterinary Medicine, Green Commons Area|
|Nov. 1||8 a.m.- 4 p.m.||Talley Student Union, Room 4280|
|Nov. 8||8 a.m.- 4 p.m.||Caldwell Hall, Lounge Area|
Here are some important tips about this year’s clinics.
- Members must present their State Health Plan insurance card along with a photo ID at the campus clinics to avoid a $30 vaccination payment.
- These flu shot clinics are not for students. Students, including graduate students and post docs, should contact student health to schedule their flu shot.
- FluMist vaccinations will not be available.
- A parent or legal guardian must accompany children between the ages 4-17 and provide written authorization. Children under age 4 should see their physician for immunizations.
- In addition to the NC State campus clinics, free flu vaccinations will be available to State Health Plan members, dependents and retirees at any in-network doctor’s office, participating CVS Minute Clinics, or through a participating in-network immunizing pharmacist. Visit the State Health Plan FAQ website for additional information.
- Individuals not covered by the State Health Plan, eligible Blue Cross and Blue Shield of North Carolina Plan, or Medicare Part B will be charged a vaccination fee of $30 (payable by cash or check only). Visit the State Health Plan FAQ website for additional information.
- These campus flu shots are not covered for those in the United Healthcare Medicare Advantage Plan. Individuals covered through the United Healthcare Medicare Advantage plans should contact UHC for flu vaccination information at 1-866-747-1014.
- If you have questions or concerns about the flu vaccination, please consult with your physician. Visit the Centers for Disease Control website for more information.
- Para ver los detalles del programa para la vacuna de la gripe en Español, visite la página de sito de Blue Cross and Blue Shield of North Carolina Detalles del Programa website.
- Para ver preguntas sobre el programa de la gripe estacional, visite la página de sitio de Blue Cross and Blue Shield en Preguntas Frecuentes website.