NC State Is Here to Help
Finish the semester strong with the help of our campus resources. From academics and wellness to finances and community, all members of the Wolfpack can find the support they need.
As we near the end of the fall semester, it may feel overwhelming, and at times isolating, to face finals and winter break. You are not alone. At NC State, there are many teams across campus ready to help you succeed academically while also helping you take care of your mental, emotional and physical well-being.
Below we’ve compiled some key support resources. Take some time to explore the programs and services available to you. In addition, Wolfpack Wellness has a growing list of mental health resources.
- Contact your academic advisor and attend your professors’ office hours. Don’t be afraid to say you need support. They’re ready and waiting to help you, even if you aren’t exactly sure what kind of help you need.
- Visit the Academic Success Center and schedule free tutoring appointments and writing consultations.
- Use the Career Development Center to find a job, internship or professional attire for an interview.
- The Disability Resource Office helps provide equal opportunity and an inclusive experience for students in their courses and programs. The office can also support faculty navigating student accommodations.
Health and Wellness
- The Counseling Center and Prevention Services offer a variety of support for the campus community. Learn about NC State CARES and refer friends in need.
- Take advantage of our Wellness and Recreation resources. Schedule a wellness coaching session to develop an action plan tailored to your needs or try a group fitness class.
- Campus Health offers affordable and high-quality health care on campus. Schedule your flu shot, fill a prescription or see a primary care provider.
- The Pack Essentials program brings together food, housing, financial and academic resources into one centralized space with a common application for assistance.
- Feed the Pack is a food pantry open to all members of the campus community. After you swipe your campus ID, you can shop for the items you need.
- The Student Emergency Fund provides resources to help the Pack recover from unexpected financial crises.
- Connect with our Campus Community Centers. The African American Cultural Center, GLBT Center, Multicultural Student Affairs and the Women’s Center help create a welcoming community for everyone on campus.
- It’s not too late to join one of our more than 630 student organizations. Use the Get Involved student portal to find a group that aligns with your personal or professional goals.
- Arts NC State and the Department of Music can help you explore your creative talents. All students are invited to audition for a play, perform in a concert, work behind the scenes or take a masterclass.
- Student Leadership and Engagement can connect you to meaningful opportunities for leadership development, campus involvement, and civic and community engagement.
- The Bias Impact Response Team (BIRT) provides support in the case of bias-related incidents that affect individuals, groups and the overall campus community climate.
We want you to thrive at NC State. If you’re in need of support, please do not hesitate to reach out to any office listed above. We are here to help.
Stay safe and be well.